Trusting God




Proverbs 3:5 NIV Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

It is funny how panicked a person can become when he/she feels out of control. Since I value truth and transparency, I want to admit that I often feel out of control. I’ve been thinking today about what I have “planned” for my life. I have come to know that my plan is not always God’s plan.

I had the perfect, cookie-cutter idea as to what my life would look like at this point. Some of my ideas have come to pass but really the major things in my life really don’t match the picture I had for myself. I think God wants more for me than what I want for myself, though at times I can ask the Lord- “Why not me?”

Slowly, I am being molded into who he desires me to be. It is not instant. It is not easy. It usually is not comfortable. When I do decide to trust in the Lord and not in myself, I feel the peace of the Lord and am encouraged to keep moving forward in His plan rather than my own.

I think control and fear are greatly related and often paralyze people in this world… including myself. Lord, I thank you for this day for reminding me to lean not on myself but on your understanding and wisdom.

Comments

  1. This is just what I needed to read today Leslie! I am in such a transtion period where I have NO clue what the end result will be and have been FREAKING OUT emotionally wishing I had control over the situation. This is a great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin,

      I am so happy I encouraged you! I needed to encourage myself...that's for sure. lol. I had to read it again after my statistics class. I kept on having the song, "I want to go home" go through my head. I then thought of the joke... "What's Mew? (a symbol not on the keyboard but looks like a u with 2 tales. lol.) It would make a great t-shirt.

      Anyway, what's new with you? What transitions are you going through?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections Post Impeachment

Living in Joy

United, Divided, Neutral?